Saturday 27 February 2010

hey Coco!

Coco Sumner, real name Eliot, daughter of Sting & Trudie Styler, is the voice of of the band; I blame Coco who I am currently obsessing over, check out track- 'No smile' love the dubby tones.


I went down to stay in London to see her last month, as a birthday present from my dad, ended up going alone. long story... but it was great, had such an adventure, got around on the tube, shopped, went to museums & galleries, saw the attractions, I'll show you some pics later on.
but for now here's some images of Coco, adrogynously stunning. I love her tattoo of the word 'LION' down the inside of her arm, making reference to her attitude & her mane? I also love the shaved slit in her eyebrow, my younger brother used to do that...









She has a boyish style, typically wears ripped tees & shorts with doc marten boots, checked scarves & oversized mens coats, waxed barbours, suit jackets or fur, very british styling, a mix of the skin-heads of the 60's & a country gent/farmer, it's a good mix if you ask me.



images: google

Coco also modelled in that Burberry campaign of SS-08, (pictured center) shot by Mario Testino, where he got all the youngsters to jump towards his lens in lashings of gold and the the bold colours. One of my favourite ads ever actually, and still my favourite collection by Christopher Bailey, which I must look at again, (note to self)

These are some Images of her on the night, performing at the Tabernacle, Notting Hill for Q music, not taken by me. she along with another act; Alex gardner listen to track- 'Yesterday's news'(he was surprisingly good) was actually supporting Swedish band Miike Snow listen to track- 'Animal'.

images: Q music

Found this youtube video of her performance of single; 'Caesar' which usually features Robyn, but she had the help of Plan B on the night. This girl has such great attitude, that husky voice and agressive jive.


No comments:

Post a Comment