Wednesday 3 March 2010

this girl catches my eye everytime in HMV

Alex Turner of 'The Arctic Monkeys' & Miles Kane of 'The Rascals' (who I have never heard of) joined forces to become 'The Last Shadow Puppets' for a short while, producing album; 'Age Of The Understatement'. good singles, still wanting to listen to that album.
Always wondered who the girl on the cover is/was, she always seems to catch my eye in HMV.


Gill was an art student from Johannesburg during the 1960's, who just walked into a photographers studio one day, and he began photographing her, the image appeared in some book 'Five Girls'. end of. (the internet is a marvellous thing)

This image just sums up the whole mood & look of the 60's, the one decade I wish I'd seen, for the clothes & the music, it's what it was all about. We still lust after the life & fashion of the 60's today in the way us youngens are I think, the way we dress & go to gigs, thats what I like do.

No comments:

Post a Comment